Ready-to-use and customizable Authentications and Oauth2 management for FastAPI ⚡
Source Code: https://github.com/yezz123/authx
Get Started: https://authx.yezz.me/
Add a Fully registration and authentication or authorization system to your FastAPI project. Authx is designed to be as customizable and adaptable as possible.
Authx is a fast, flexible and easy to use authentication and authorization library for FastAPI. It is built on top of FastAPI and starlette.
- Support Python 3.9+.
- Extensible base user model.
- Ready-to-use register, login, reset password and verify e-mail routes.
- Ready-to-use Social login and Oauth2 routes.
- Full Configuration and customization.
- Ready-to-use social OAuth2 login flow.
- Middleware Support for Oauth2 using
- Dependency callable to inject current user in route.
- Pluggable password validation
- Using Captcha Service.
- Implements the
- Using Email Service. (SMTP)
- Extensible Error Handling
- High level API to manage users, roles and permissions
- Using Redis as a session store & cache.
- Support HTTPCache.
- Customizable database backend:
- MongoDB async backend included thanks to mongodb/motor
- SQLAlchemy backend included thanks to Encode/Databases
- Multiple customizable authentication backend:
- JWT authentication backend included
- Cookie authentication backend included
- Full OpenAPI schema support, even with several authentication backend.
- Provide a Docstring for each class and function.
- Support Sessions and Pre-built CRUD functions and Instance to launch Redis.
- Support SocketIO.
- Support Middleware of pyinstrument to check your service performance.
- Support Middleware for collecting and exposing Prometheus metrics.
from fastapi import FastAPI from authx import Authentication, User, RedisBackend app = FastAPI() # Set up Authentication & Authorization auth = Authentication() # Set up Pre-configured Routes app.include_router(auth.auth_router, prefix="/api/users") app.include_router(auth.social_router, prefix="/auth") app.include_router(auth.password_router, prefix="/api/users") app.include_router(auth.admin_router, prefix="/api/users") app.include_router(auth.search_router, prefix="/api/users") # Set Redis Cache auth.set_cache(RedisBackend)
# Set Anonymous User @app.get("/anonym") def anonym_test(user: User = Depends(auth.get_user)): pass # Set Authenticated User @app.get("/user") def user_test(user: User = Depends(auth.get_authenticated_user)): pass # Set Admin User (Only for Admins) @app.get("/admin", dependencies=[Depends(auth.admin_required)]) def admin_test(): pass
Dependency injections only¶
from authx import authx, RedisBackend auth = authx() auth.set_cache(RedisBackend)
This project is licensed under the terms of the MIT License.